"TRUSTWORTHY SERVICE EVERY TIME"
The first day of summer is June 21.
As the temperatures begin to rise and the calls for air conditioning maintenance and repairs begin rolling in, we wanted to take the time to talk about the importance of A/C maintenance.
Like any significant investment, you will want to protect and maintain your air conditioner for many years to come. Neglecting regular maintenance, such as cleaning, tightening connections, replacing filters, and checking condensate drains and refrigerant levels will leave your HVAC system vulnerable to breakdowns and inefficiencies.
- Higher Utility Costs
- Poor Indoor Air Quality
- Costly Repairs
- Premature Breakdowns
The key to a long and healthy A/C unit is annual maintenance. If something stops work in the meantime, get it repaired immediately so that it does not cause further damage down the road.
Allergy symptoms continue into the summer months
- Keep windows and doors closed in your home, and turn on the air conditioner. Change your air conditioning filter often, at least once a month during pollen season. It's a good idea to change the filter every month.
- Buy HEPA filters for your air conditioning units, a dehumidifier (which kills pollen spores and other allergens in the air) and/or an air purifying machine. Call Ability Air Conditioning for your filters. They can install a dehyumidifier or an air purifier.
- Shed your shoes when you enter your home, and shower — and rinse or wash your hair — as soon as you come in for the day. Skin and hair holds a lot of pollen, which can trigger allergic reactions while we sleep.
- Chow down on foods with natural antihistamine properties such as garlic, onions, citrus and apples.
- Eat 1 to 2 teaspoons per day of locally produced bee pollen (which has no sugar) or honey, which contains small amounts of pollen, before allergy season starts. Ingesting the honey will help jumpstart your immune system against the local pollen.
- Avoid the outdoors during peak pollen-producing times, which are typically in the early morning.
- Rinse the pollen off of your pets after they come in from outside.